Recently we featured one of the beautiful West Roseville homes for sale in Westpark with a bedroom and bathroom downstairs. It's no longer available (click here to see Roseville homes for sale with a bedroom and bathroom downstairs that ARE currently available!) but the ways you can use a downstairs bed and full bathroom can apply to many homes with the same type of layout.
Whether it's a regular bedroom and full bathroom or a complete master bedroom suite, houses with these features have one of my fave floor plan options.Talk about a home with a variety of useful options! What options? Glad you asked!
- For those caring for elderly parents now, or possibly in the future, it's a definite plus. They can have their own bedroom downstairs and not have to deal with stairs ! Something I had my own senior mom give up years ago with great relief. My husband, my kids and I all took more then one tumble going up or down the stairs in our first West Roseville house. I'm grateful my senior mom never has since that can often lead to hip injuries which are especially dangerous for our elderly parents!
- It also makes a great office option for those who work at home – full-time or part-time, complete with a door you can close. You can even add a locking door knob if you wanted to ensure full privacy for those who deal with confidential matters. You'd have to talk to your tax person to see if it's an option for you and if it's worth it, but I've heard some people are able to get extra deductions for a home office that is totally separate from anything else in the home.
- Those who have an older teen or college student might appreciate having a quasi-apartment available for them. I know my kids would have loved that option when they were in college. ?
- Craft enthusiasts, like some of my quilting friends, would love a room devoted to their craft projects while still being handy for other household needs including cooking, supervising kids or grandkids, etc.
- Speaking of kids and grandkids – wouldn't it be handy for a home school classroom or a kids crafts and activity room? And if you need to leave mid-project and mid-project mess, just close the door!
- Computer room! A fun place for all ages to hang out, play with their fave computer games, be close to the kitchen, be in a good spot for any needed supervision, and with a door to close (hiding any messes) if company stops by unexpectedly.
- Preparing for your future aging in place. None of us want to get older, but somehow, it always seems to happen. And with aging can come some aging issues. Even if you're in great shape now, something as simple as wrestling with grandkids can lead to broken bones. If and when any of that happens, having a downstairs bedroom and bathroom can make a big difference in whether you get to stay in your own home. It's a great way to plan ahead and you're never too young to think about your future.
- Guests! We don't often have guests stay overnight, but when we do, how handy it is to be able to offer them a lovely and comfortable room with a wee bit of privacy for them AND for us!
Call Kaye – 916-768-0127
Interested? Here are some of the lovely homes for sale in Roseville CA with a bedroom and bathroom downstairs (including some single story homes). They are in order of most recently listed. The reason I say SOME is that it often depends on how an agent lists it in the MLS. If they don't mark certain criteria, those houses won't show up on this list. BUT I can search in a variety of ways. So if you'd like to see even more, call 916-768-0127 or email us at [email protected] and let us help you search for just the right home. Talk to you soon! 🙂
P.S. Do you have more ideas for using a downstairs bedroom and bathroom? We'd love to hear. You can leave a comment here or at my Facebook group.