Weather in Roseville CA
We enjoy such lovely weather in Roseville CA. I’m not saying it doesn’t get cold. You will definitely find me wearing sweaters and jackets in December and January – often a few other months as well. But does our weather in Roseville CA include snow? No and YES! 🙂 WHAT DO I MEAN??? Well, for starters, YES it has snowed in Roseville CA! You can read all about THAT in a previous post, Wondering About The Winter Weather in Roseville CA? But that’s not what I’m talking about today. 🙂
Sweet Snowy Memories
I have several grandkids living in snow country and thus I have many sweet memories of times spent there. One of my favorites was sitting upstairs, typing on my computer and looking out the window at the lovely fluffy snowflakes with Christmas music playing softly in the background.
One of my less fave memories was driving in snow! It definitely can be challenging!
Still, an occasional snowfall would be nice.
Snow in Roseville the Newfangled Way
Guess what! I learned! I can enjoy the first memory and skip the second! Even in Roseville California! And there’s more than one way to do it!
- YouTube! Youtube has so many great videos – long ones – with lovely Christmas music playing and snow falling. Or if you’d prefer, a fireplace burning. Or all three! In my playlist titled Holiday Joys, I have several bookmarked and we’ve been enjoying them off and on all week long! Some of these videos offer instrumental, others jazz, others traditional with voices singing. Click here to check it out. (Full disclosure – I haven’t listened to all of them – so if you find any duds before I do, let me know 🙂 )
- Comcast! I have Comcast Cable here in Roseville. I discovered if you go to the SEARCH option on your screen, you can search for fireplace or yule (as in yule log) and several options will pop up – including some lovely videos of a burning fireplace with Christmas music playing. Again – I’ve found a choice of instrumental, jazz, piano, and traditional carols with the songs being sung.
- I can’t guarantee this but I’m guessing if you have a different cable company, it could be fruitful to try #2 on your cable’s search option.
- Thanks to the tip from one of my Roseville neighbors, who had the prettiest fireplace on her TV screen this year, I was reminded to check out DVDs – I did a quick search of Amazon for snow, fireplace, Christmas music and found several intriguing videos. Check out this page which is an affiliate link 🙂 .
Even MORE “Snow” in Roseville CA
There are currently at least two more fun ways to enjoy snow in Roseville CA.
- You’ll have to wait til next Christmas – then be sure to go to Roseville’s Downtown Holiday Celebration for the tree lighting where, for the past couple of years, they have MADE SNOW. 🙂 You can click here to see past posts about it at RosevilleCaliforniaJoys.com. Or click here to sign up for updates on posts (including next year’s posts about Downtown Celebration) plus other handy info about Roseville like parks, neighborhoods, homes, and more :).
- THIS YEAR go to the Christmas Eve Services at Bayside Blue Oaks which are being held on Christmas Eve at 1:30pm and 4pm AS WELL AS at their regular Saturday 5pm and Sunday 9:15am and 11:15am services on December 21 and 22, 2019. They are planning snow INSIDE! WOW! I can’t wait to see that!
Old Fashioned Snow NEAR Roseville
For those of you who want to ski on the real thing and don’t mind driving to it and in it, we have plenty of options there as well! On “both sides” of the greater Sacramento Valley area – some up the 80 and some up the 50. These include (in alphabetical order):
- Donner (One neighbor suggested Donner Ski Ranch for beginners as it has a great bunny hill.)
- Sierra At Tahoe
- Soda Springs
- Sugar Bowl!
Sledding and/or Snowplay
Prefer to sled? Nyack Snow Park, recommended by Yelp, is about 48 miles away They charge $20 per vehicle, you can play from sun up to sun down, bring sleds, saucers, or tubes, and have fun on their kid-friendly snow play area. There’s even a snack area as well as Burger King nearby!
Just want to play in the snow? Another neighbor has mentioned Blue Canyon being great for snowplay and it’s free.
Another great resource for those who live in Roseville is the Facebook group – Good Neighbors of Roseville. 🙂
Great Weather in Roseville CA – Seriously!
Whatever your snow preference, it’s great to know we can enjoy it nearby one way or another. AND we can enjoy all the great weather in Roseville CA all year round.
Merry Christmas To You All!
I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Click here for a musical and snowy smile for each of you in Roseville or beyond! 🙂