FEATURED: Single Story Home for Sale in Rocklin CA
Are you looking for a single story home for sale in the Roseville Rocklin area of California? Today, I'm featuring a lovely one in Rocklin CA. A beautiful home that is a sweet delight, full of designer details and many upgrades. It sold long ago, however you'll find a search for similar and currently available homes for sale in Rocklin CA in this article, including…
Great Options for Elderly Parents
Having cared for elderly parents for many years, I have a tendency to look at every house through a caregiving lens. As Rosalyn Carter once said,
“There are only four kinds of people in the world: those who have been caregivers, those who are currently caregivers, those who will be caregivers, and those who will need caregivers.”
Because of that, I'm always thrilled when I can show off a home that will work well for caregivers as well as the aging in place options many boomers and seniors are looking for. This lovely home has several great examples of things to look for.
- A good amount of space in hallways, doorways, kitchens, etc. that allows for canes, rollators, and wheelchairs. Of course, you always want to measure it in person to ensure it's as wide as you need. The ADA recommends 32 inches. If you are using a transport wheelchair, which was my preference for my senior dad when his Parkinson's progressed, you might not need it that wide. That worked fine for us as he only used it for travel, preferring his rollator for around the house. We would have been ok though, even if he ever needed a full-time wheelchair, as the house I was living in (built in 2001) was built with wide enough doorways for a wheelchair.
2. Zero-step entry or as low as possible. This lovely single story home offers that. You can add ramps, of course, but that does make it more of a challenge for the individual or for an older and/or weaker person pushing it.
3. Here's a great idea for any home! Raised bed gardens are wonderful for boomers and seniors as well as many who have disabilities that make traditional gardening difficult or impossible.
Some raised bed gardens are a foot or so high. Others are higher – to the waist or even higher. Some of the pros of these raised beds include:
- Improved Growing Seasons
- It's easy to add plastic for a mini-greenhouse effect
- They can replace ground gardening in a plot that doesn't have enough soil.
- And best of all for our senior parents – it makes it easier to dig, weed, and plant.
They aren't perfect, but my senior mom has loved hers for years! I love it when I frequently spot raised bed gardens in homes for sale in our area, like this delightful single story home. 🙂
Indoor Laundry Rooms
An inside laundry room is much easier for our elderly parents. Most houses will have a step down from the house to the garage. Steps can be harder for our senior parents. Especially if they are a bit wobbly like my mom and some of my sweet senior friends. With an inside laundry, there is one less step. Or in the case of one house I showed clients recently, 10 steps less! 😉 One of the reasons I love West Roseville and many parts of Rocklin is the number of newer homes with inside laundries.
Easily Accessible Showers
Easily accessible showers are grand. My absolute faves would have roll-in entry for wheelchairs but, sadly, those are hard to find. My next fave have a seat built-in to the shower like you can find at Sun City and Silverado Homes at Eskaton Village.
Just for Fun – Backyard Putting Green
One of my sweet relatives has a backyard putting green and his whole family loves it! It's fun for company, fun for playing with the kids, and fun for relaxing for a bit after work or on the weekends. My senior dad would have LOVED that. Of course, he loved playing golf at Sun City Roseville – his own ginormous putting green, so-to-speak. Or so he felt :). Still, there are times I think he would have enjoyed teeing off for a stroke or two when he didn't feel up to a whole game.
And yes, this lovely single story home home does boast of its own backyard putting green. Others do too in our area, though not a huge amount. Or perhaps there are more, but agents don't always think to brag about that in the description. It's definitely brag-worthy, don't you think? 🙂
3 Car Garages = MORE Space!
For those of us caring for elderly parents, we NEVER seem to have enough space. A 3 car garage definitely is a BIG help. It gives extra space to store important papers, heirlooms, photos etc. for your elderly parents as well as yourself. And it gives a bit more room for our sweet seniors to move around in the garage – especially important if they are dealing with canes, wheelchairs, rollators, etc. Did you know you can search for homes for sale 3 car garage Roseville Rocklin CA? In fact, I did just that (see below) coupled with single story. A very handy search, indeed!
Well, those are some of my handy tips for searching for homes for sale that work well for elderly parents as well as those of us who are planning ahead for caring for elderly parents. Not to mention boomers and seniors working on their aging in place plans. Happily, these particular joys were available in this lovely home. It's been sold but there will be more that have some or all of these delightful traits. When you're ready to buy one, give me a call and we'll set up a search for you to help you find just the right one.
P.S. Enjoy checking out each single Roseville or Rocklin single story home below – complete with 3 car garages (which might include tandem garages so it will look like 2 but check it out – it might be a tandem) 😁👍