What Are the Smallest of the Small Floor Plans in Sun City Roseville?
Are you curious about buying a home in Sun City Roseville? Are you concerned you can't afford it? Wondering how much the smallest of the small floor plans in Sun City Roseville costs and how small exactly is it? And ARE there any available? OR are you thinking, “How much can I sell my house in Sun City Roseville for?”
Welcome to the first of my series on some of the various floor plans in Sun City Roseville. Let's explore together.
The Two Smallest of the Small Floor Plans in Sun City Roseville
Tiniest of the Sun City Roseville Floor Plans?
According to my records, the two smallest of the small Floor Plans in Sun City Roseville are:
- Rose Garden
Willow Floor Plans in Sun City Roseville
According to Sun City's floor plan, the Willow is part of the Sierra Casual Collection and is about 878 sq ft. Notice I say about for each of these Sun City Roseville floor plans. That's because each floor plan had different options. Some had very few, some had a lot. So each model can look quite different from other of the same floor plan – and yet very similar as well. For example, according to the printed floor plan, from the front door, you go straight into a generous-size living room, then on into a nook and kitchen – with the great room effect that is so popular. Returning to the front door, and heading to the right, the Willow has a den, a full bathroom in the hallway, catty corner to the den and then the bedroom with a walk-in closet. The floor plan shows a one car garage but all of these were listed as 2 car garages..
Some of the option choices available to the first buyers included:
- An optional second bedroom in lieu of a den
- A second bathroom
- A covered patio off of the kitchen area and/or off of the bedroom.
- A fireplace
- You could also choose a bay window in the kitchen or in the bedroom
What has sold in the past 3 years?
I'm wondering if there weren't many of these built? There were none on the market last year. There was one the year before that, and one the year before that. So out of three years, 2 of these sold. And so far, none have sold in 2022. Another interesting fact – they show different square footages. Even more interesting – they both show that they have 2 car garages. And from counting the windows, I think that is correct.
- In 2019, one sold for its list price of $324,900 and it was listed as 878 sq. ft. It had opted for a bathroom with bath and shower, along with one patio covering in the back yard.
- In 2020, one sold for a bit higher than it's list price of $350,000 for $356,788 and it was listed as 896 sq. ft. It had a bathroom with a shower, along with both of the optional patio coverings in the back yard.
RoseGarden Floor Plans in Sun City Roseville
According to Sun City's floor plan, the RoseGarden is part of the Rose Creek Classic Series and is about 968 sq ft. In the past 3 years, there were 12 of these cute homes sold. And they all show the same square footage – 964 sq ft! 😁 Now you know why real estate agents say most and usually and often when it comes to square footage (not to mention other items.) If something is of special importance to you, it's always vital that you verify it. 😊
With this Sun City Roseville floor plan, you walk in the front door and make an immediate left into the kitchen, which is part of a lovely great room – with the dining room and living room straight ahead. If you turn to your right, you might pass either a den or an optional bedroom, followed by the powder room to the right (toilet and sink) and the primary bedroom with a full bathroom and walk-in closet to the left. The floor plan shows a one car garage, however all of these Rose Gardens are listed as showing 2 car garages in the MLS.
Some of the option choices available to the first buyers included:
- The choice to make the den into a bedroom
- A fireplace in the living room
- One covered patio over the dining/living room area and/or one covered patio over the primary bedroom.
What has sold in the past 3 years
3 sold between mid-February and December 31 2019. 4 sold in 2020. 5 sold in 2021. And so far in 2022, a whopping zero!
- On 5/19 one was listed at $369,900 and sold for $374,000
- On 6/19, one was listed at $369,000 and sold for $370,000
- On 08/19, one sold for the list price of $359,900
- On 01/20, one sold for the list price of $367,500
- On 02/20, one sold for the list price of $399,000 (Note that this was $30,000 over the last sale of this floor model. But it drops back with the next one)
- On 08/20, one sold for the list price of $370,000
- On 09/20, one was listed for $370,000, and sold for $365,000
And then came 2021 – when the real estate market got a bit CRAZEE – with multiple offers and over the asking price offers and more (click here to see my recent articles with more about that.)
- On 01/21, one was listed for $395,000 and sold for $400,000. $5,000.
- On 06/21, one was listed for $439,000 and sold for $479,000! $40,000 over list price!
- Happily for buyers, on 07/21, one was listed for $439,000. It sold for $465,000.
- On 10/21 (somewhat slower holiday season) one listed for $449,000 and actually sold for $449,000
- On 12//21 one listed for $459,000 and sold for $459,000 as well.
So we saw some of the higher bidding of the bigger homes, but not quite as bad. Still and all, those smaller homes that were mostly in the $300s are now squarely in the $400s, leaving some buyers out of this market.
Are Any of the Small Floor Plans in Sun City Roseville Available Now?
These are the only two small floor plans in Sun City Roseville that are under 1000 square feet and sadly, none of these small floor plans in Sun City are among the homes for sale. I have buyers interested in them. I know others in my office are looking for these small floor plans. And I'm guessing many other agents are as well. The good news is that just as we are seeing signs of spring with the lovely flowers that are starting to bloom, we are seeing signs of spring in the real estate market as well, with more homes coming onto the market each week. I'll put the homes currently available in Sun City Roseville below and this will be in order of the least expensive first. So if any of these cute little homes do come on the market, they should be at the top of this list. 😀 (Even better – call me and I'll set you up for a drip directly from the MLS – it's a bit more of a fine-tuned search with some tools that only they have. And there's never an obligation. Just know I'm ready to help you if and when you are ready. With the goal to De-stress the process for YOU!
For Those Saying “I Am Ready to Sell My House in Sun City Roseville!”
If YOU are reading this and are ready to sell your house – of any size – in Sun City Roseville. I'd LOVE to help you as well! And yes! We need more homes for all our buyers. So if you are thinking of moving to a state with lower taxes? Or perhaps moving closer to friends and family? Or are just ready for a needed change? Give me a call at 916-768-0127 or email me at KayeSwainRE@gmail.com. I'll be glad to put together comparable homes for YOUR Sun City Roseville Floor Plan and answer any questions you may have.
PS Here are most/all of the homes for sale in Sun City Roseville, which is one of the premier over 55 communities Roseville area has! It's in order by square footage with the smallest popping up first. (Please note, you will also occasionally see non-Sun City homes that pop up – it appears that occasionally a new home builder puts in the wrong map coordinates so they pop up in Sun City's searches? It's easy to ignore if they are two story. Occasionally a one story will pop up (like tonight) – once you open them, they usually just have a floor plan so you can enjoy them or ignore them. AND if you'd like to see any of those, I can help you there as well AND if you buy a brand new home from any builder who works with real estate agents (there are a couple who do not), I can gift you my FOUR YEAR HOME WARRANTY! 😁 Enjoy!