Greater Sacramento Area Move
Relocating? Sacramento CA? Totally scared and not sure where to start? Or perhaps you've been a long-time resident but are curious about what direction the real estate market trends for the greater Sacramento Valley are heading? I've got plenty of info and resources for you!
If you are relocating to Sacramento CA area, you'll have lots of questions. Fortunately there are plenty of answers and other good info to be found at our local Sacramento area city and visitors' pages and sites including for the cities of Sacramento, Roseville, Folsom, Fair Oaks, and Carmichael.
Interestingly enough, not all cities in our Sacramento CA area, such as Carmichael and Fair Oaks, have their own websites. Fortunately, most do.
Every year, there are many people relocating to the greater Sacramento CA Area. Happily for them, there are some great Visitors Centers with useful information about events and fun happenings in and around our lovely valley. Here are several to help you:
- Sacramento Visitor's Center
- Sacramento Visitors' Guide
- Moving to Sacramento – This isn't a visitor's center but it is a very fun and interesting article that gives a good overview for visitors and relocators alike.
- Old Sacramento Visitors Info
- Sacramento County Visitor's Center
- Placer Valley – Roseville Rocklin Lincoln – Tourism/Visitors Center
- Placer County Visitors Center
- Folsom Visitor's Center
- Visit Folsom
Chambers of Commerce
Chambers of Commerce can be very useful resources and each of the featured cities has one. In fact, Sacramento has several. I've listed two for Sacramento to get you started. The rest are quite easy to find as well. 😉
- Metro Chamber
- East Sacramento Chamber of Commerce
- Carmichael Chamber of Commerce
- Fair Oaks Chamber of Commerce
- Folsom Chamber of Commerce
- Roseville Chamber of Commerce
Malls and Shopping Centers
Nowadays, many malls have become destinations in their own rights, with so many fun events on top of the great shopping options, restaurants, sometimes movie theaters, and more! That is definitely true in our greater Sacramento Placer County Area. They can also be a great place for visitors and those relocating Sacramento CA to stop for something to eat while reviewing where they've been and deciding where to go. And for those moving with teenagers and tweens, knowing where they are and what they're like can help you pick the areas you want to house hunt in. That was a vital point for us when we moved here with new and soon-to-be-new drivers!
- Arden Fair Mall Sacramento CA
- Sunrise Mall Citrus Heights CA (near Carmichael and Fair Oaks)
- Folsom Premium Outlets
- Westfield Galleria at Roseville CA
- The Fountains at Roseville
Utility Companies in the Area
- SMUD – Sacramento Municipal Utilities District – Electric
- Roseville Utilities – Electric
- Roseville Environmental Utilities – Solid Waste, Water
- Sacramento Suburban Water District – Provides water to “Urban Area- Arden/Arcade, Foothill Farms between I-80 Freeway and UP Railroad tracks; portions of Citrus Heights, Carmichael, Fair Oaks, North Highlands, Sacramento, Antelope, and McClellan Business Park.”
- City of Sacramento Utilities – Water
- Folsom City Utilities – Solid Waste
- Folsom Environmental & Water
- PG&E – Gas and Electric – 1-800-743-5000.
- Consolidated Communications – TV, Internet, Phone
- Comcast -TV, Internet, Phone
Sacramento Area Real Estate Market Report Past Year
When you are relocating to Sacramento CA, it definitely helps to know the real estate market prices and trends. We have been in the midst of a SELLERS' MARKET for some time and that looks to continue in 2018. Here are some charts to help with that. As you can see from this first chart – for Sacramento, Placer and El Dorado County homes for the past year, we had our normal holiday lull. While we are still short on houses (Ready to sell? We definitely need more houses for all the clients lining up to buy!), it has perked up from last year very nicely. Compared to 12 months ago, our area has 21.3% more homes for sale, 45.8% more homes sold, and 15.1% more homes pending. Good news for all those purchasers!
Price per square foot has gone up since last year as well, from an average of $207 per square foot to an average of $221 per square foot. You'll notice it also dipped for the holidays, but in this seller's market, I'm expecting it to climb even higher come spring and summer. And I'm definitely not the only one who feels that way!
Relocating Sacramento CA Resources Wrap-Up
- Zip Codes for the Greater Sacramento area
- City Data has information about the area along with forums where you can chat online with others who live here and ask them questions about areas, weather, etc.
- If You're Moving to Sacramento, 14 Main Things to Know
- Moving to the Sacramento Area
In addition to the resources above, you can find plenty of other helps and hints here at KayeSwain.com (search box at bottom) and:
- Relocating to Sacramento or Placer County CA,
I'd also like to invite you to Friend me on Facebook as well – Facebook.com/KayeSwainRE
Search the MLS for Homes For sale
Ready to take a peek at some of the Sacramento Roseville area homes for sale currently? Here are searches for Sacramento and the surrounding Sacramento area, followed by another search for Roseville and the surrounding Placer County area. And once you click on a house, look at the top of the page to change the search if you'd like, to meet your own personal needs.
Sacramento County Homes For Sale
Roseville Area Homes for Sale
If you have any questions or when you're ready to buy or sell, give us a call, 916-768-0127 (text is fine too, just mention “real estate.” 🙂 Or email us at [email protected] 🙂 Have a great week!
P.S. Just wanted to be sure you know that all of our clients get a free Old Republic upgraded home warranty upon close of escrow. One of the many ways we strive to provide you with caring, compassionate and quality real estate services. 😉
P.P.S. By the by, if you're looking for real estate investments or on a tight budget while searching the MLS for homes for sale in any of these areas, here are more search pages that might be useful.
- Homes for sale under $250k in Carmichael Fair Oaks Folsom Roseville CA
- Sacramento Homes for Sale, 2 or more bedrooms, 2 or more bathrooms, $250,000 or less
Contents of this article...