Quick Real Estate Market Update for Roseville CA Area
WOW – Christmas is over, the New Year is 3 days old, the weather is chilly, and we got a LOT of rain last week which our cute critters like the ducks and geese are loving. AND the real estate market is showing hints it may be getting busier! After weeks of only 1 or 2 new listings when I would check my “hotsheets” to see how many new listings had been added in the last 2 days – I checked today and for Roseville there are 3 new listings!
So pull up a chair, grab a cup of warm tea, coffee or cocoa, and let's see what's up.
New Listings Updates For Our Other Nearby Areas:
- Lincoln/Rocklin/Granite Bay – 5 (Lincoln 3 / Rocklin 1 / Granite Bay 1
- Citrus Heights/Antelope – 5 (Citrus Heights 3 / Antelope 2)
- Carmichael / Fair Oaks – 4 (Carmichael 3 / Fair Oaks 1)
- Nothing new in our 55+ communities in Roseville but Sun City Lincoln has one new one.
Check out these sold stats the week before Christmas!
125 homes closed between 12/18/21 -12/25/21
- Roseville – 40
- Carmichael – 15
- Citrus Heights – 13
- Fair Oaks – 9
- Lincoln – 16
- Rocklin – 17
- Granite Bay – 5
- Antelope – 10
Highs and Lows for 2021 and 2016
Of the homes listed above, 111 were single family residences (as opposed to condos, etc.)
Prices ranged from:
- $1,600,000 for a home in Lincoln and
- $1,400,000 for a home in Granite Bay
- (Both of those were about an acre)
For homes with less than .25 acres – the highest was
$995,000 in Granite Bay and $975,000 in Roseville
The lowest prices included:
- a single family detached bungalow in Roseville for $405,000
- a condo in Citrus Heights for $204,000
Compare all this to 2016 using the same dates – 12/18-12/25/16 when 158 listings closed:
The prices ranged from
- $1,315,000 in Lincoln with 3/4 acre
- $650,000 in Roseville with .18 acres
- 199k for a light fixer single family home in Carmichael
- 200k for a halfplex in Rocklin
- a condo at $115k
As you can see above (and below), there are lots of new listings to check out AND prices have definitely gone up – another excellent example of what a good investment purchasing a house can be. And most experts seem to agree that they will continue to climb. Making this an excellent time for those planning on downsizing to sell, before interest rates go up!
If you have any questions or want more information – just give me a call at 916-768-0127 or email me at KayeSwainRE@gmail.com
Have a lovely week!
PS Want to see more numbers? Check out December 2021 Roseville CA Real Estate Market Report. In fact, you can read all my market updates by clicking here.
And check out all the new listings in our Roseville area – no matter when they listed:
Roseville Homes for Sale
Roseville Area Homes for Sale – Lincoln, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Citrus Heights, Antelope, Carmichael, Fair Oaks
Contents of this article...