Retirement Living in Roseville CA Area
As a REALTOR specializing in the Roseville area – including having a focus on helping fellow boomers and seniors with their real estate needs – I often get asked about the various options in our lovely 55 plus retirement communities in Roseville CA. But I also work with clients who are interested in retirement living in Roseville CA outside of our many great senior living communities in Roseville CA. You may also be wondering, “Can I retire in Roseville CA without moving into a 55+ home with an HOA?” And the answer is a resounding “YES!” Let me share some of the great options our sweet city of Roseville offers.
One of the big draws for the retirement homes for sale in Roseville CA are the built-in swimming pools they each offer. One caveat to that is some important food for thought – Sun City Roseville and Sun City Lincoln are currently the only two that offer year round swimming options with heated indoor pools, HOWEVER that will soon change. I just heard that the indoor swimming pool that the Lennar Heritage Placer Vineyards gated 55 retirement community in West Roseville has been building will be opening soon. SO smart of them to make sure one was indoors! And to start with that one! Of course, “year round” does come with a couple of caveats:
- Any pool can go down at any time for maintenance – right now, Sun City Roseville's pool has been down for about a week due to unexpected issues and the repairs required.
- MUCH rarer but it does happen -unusual situations can cause a pool to be closed for 1 day or 1 year or ? – due to the Covid shutdown, Sun City Roseville was closed throughout the entire time, and as far as I know, all other public and HOA pools were as well.
Happily, #1 is usually very short-term and #2 is very rare. 😊
What if you want to swim but don't want to live in one of the 55 plus retirement communities in Roseville CA? Roseville has the Mike Shellito park, very close to Highland Reserve, Misty Wood homes, and other great neighborhoods. It has two indoor, heated swimming pools that are, generally speaking, open all year. (Barring holidays, etc.)
You can purchase a monthly pass at a discount if you are 62 and older.
Enjoy Staying Active!
Each retirement community in Roseville CA offers a variety of exercise options – both equipment and classes – to help you stay active. Roseville CA can help you with that as well, if you prefer a traditional residential area like the lovely homes in the Woodcreek Oaks and Quail Glen neighborhoods that are very close to Mahany Park, you can make good use of the Mahany Fitness Center (formerly called Roseville Sports Center). It has great fitness equipment inside, along with table tennis options, basket ball court, an indoor pickle ball court and outdoor tennis courts.
Have Fun With Friends
The over 55 communities in Roseville CA also offer various clubs and if that's your “‘cup of tea,” Roseville CA has you covered there as well. The Fab50 group I mentioned above is a great option with clubs, activities, and even travel trips for you to pick from. They even have a lounge weekdays from 9-3 where you can just go and enjoy coffee and chit chat if you like. Click here to see their most recent newsletter with all sorts of great fun to choose from! It is based in the Maidu Park surrounded by the delightful Maidu neighborhood – one of Roseville's most active neighborhood associations!
For those who prefer independent activities, all of Roseville itself is awesome for that. With over 80 parks, some of which include pickle ball courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, etc.; many gorgeous walking trails and green belt areas; several dog parks and more, you can easily stay healthily busy all year long – on your own or with a hand picked friend or more. And those are all over Roseville CA, making for wonderful senior living in Roseville CA!
And even more great news about Roseville CA! It really IS a GREAT place to live!
January 2023 Real Estate Update Including a Focus on Retirement Homes for Sale in Roseville CA
Now that we've enjoyed seeing how great retirement living In Roseville CA can be, let's check out how much it might cost with my monthly real estate update – looking at January 2023.
January 2023 Real Estate Market In Roseville CA
According to Metrolist MLS,
- 79 Single Family Homes sold in Roseville CA from January 1, 2023 – January 31, 2023.
- Of the homes that sold, the prices ranged from $400,000 to $1,685,000 with a median price of $599,990. The days on market (CDOM) ranged from 2 – 246 , with the median being 62.
- Of the homes that closed – 57 sold for less than the asking price, 14 sold for the asking price, and 8 sold for over the asking price. Of the overages, the over amounts ranged from about a couple thousand over to $25,000 over.
January 2023 Real Estate Market for SINGLE STORY HOMES in Roseville CA
Single story homes are excellent for safe and long “aging in place” options. I personally think they are much more practical for everyone (you wouldn't believe how many young adults can slip and fall on stairs), but especially for boomers and seniors. You might be fine going up and down stairs, but what happens if one day, you are involved in some sort of accident that wasn't even your fault. But it lays you up for several weeks and then recuperation comes after that. Would you believe it, that happened to me in my 40s! I was SO grateful for the single story home I was in! Made my recuperation SO much easier than my previous two story home would have! So here are some lovely single story homes in Roseville CA to check out.
According to Metrolist MLS:
- 46 Single Story Single-Family Homes sold in Roseville CA from January 1, 2023 – January 31, 2023.
- Of the homes that sold, the prices ranged from $400,000 to $1,050,000 with a median price of $575,444 . The days on market (CDOM) ranged from 2 – 246 , with the median being 62.
- Of the homes that closed – 29 sold for less than the asking price, 10 sold for the asking price, and 7 sold for over the asking price. Again, of the overages, the over amounts ranged from about a couple thousand over to $25,000 over.
- Of the homes that closed – 5 were in 95661 zip code, 5 were in 95678 zip code, and the remaining 36 were in 95747 zip code.
- Of these, 20 were 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, which is very popular for many, though not all, of those looking for retirement homes for sale in Roseville CA.
Comparing this to Roseville numbers in general, you can see that single story homes are definitely popular.
Below is a list of homes that are currently active in Roseville, single story, 2 or more bedroom, 2 or more full bathroom, built in 1990 or newer and priced between $450,000-$650,000. A good option for senior retirement living in Roseville CA, whether in a 55+ retirement community in Roseville CA or in a regular traditional neighborhood in Roseville CA.
However, based on the price and size, as of today, 2/7/23, you'll see that most (all?) are in one our 55+ communities. In that price range, the 55+ communities often do give you more for your money.. 😊 Now if prices keep going down, that could change. Time will tell. 👍
January 2023 Real Estate Market In Rocklin CA
According to Metrolist MLS:
- 39 Single Family Homes sold in Rocklin CA from January 1, 2023 – January 31, 2023..
- Of the homes that sold, the prices ranged from $340,000 to $1,825,000 with a median price of $675,000 . The days on market ranged from 1 -183 , with the median being 38.
- Of the homes that closed – 25 sold for less than the asking price, 9 sold for the asking price, and 5 sold for over the asking price. (Most over the asking was about $35,000 over – at the other extreme, the lowest a house sold for was about $138,000 under the original asking price!)
January 2023 Real Estate Market In Lincoln CA
According to Metrolist MLS:
- 47 Single Family Homes sold in Lincoln CA from January 1, 2023 – January 31, 2023.
- Of the homes that sold, the prices ranged from $375,000 to $1,850,000 with a median price of $635,000 The days on market ranged from 3 – 208, with the median being 45.
- Of the homes that closed – 27 sold for less than the asking price, 10 sold for the asking price, and 10 sold for over the asking price. The highest under the price amount was about $100,000 and the highest over the price amount was about $30,000.
January 2023 Real Estate Market In Citrus Heights CA
According to Metrolist MLS:
- 31 Single Family Homes sold in Citrus Heights CA from January 1, 2023 – January 31, 2023..
- Of the homes that sold, the prices ranged from $305,000 to $825,000 with a median price of $460,000. The days on market ranged from 2 – 201, with the median being 32 .
- Of the homes that closed – 20 sold for less than the asking price, 5 sold for the asking price, and 6 sold for over the asking price. With the lowest price going about $70,000 under and the highest about 30,000 over.
Two of The Lovely 55+ Communities in Placer County
The two largest 55+ communities in Placer County are Sun City Roseville and Sun City Lincoln. They are 2 communities that do not have a large Mello Roos tax. They have some of the lowest HOAs of all the 55+ communities. They both offer at least two swimming pools with at least one heated pool indoors that is normally open year round.
Real Estate Market In Sun City Roseville CA
Currently, there are 23 homes for sale in Sun City Roseville CA as of February 7, 2023, ranging from $464,000 – $850,000.
- Homes Closed in January 2023 – 7
- Median square feet – 1618
- Median closed price January 2023 – $560,000
- Prices ranged from $475,000 to $749,900
- Median days on market – 65
- 4 homes sold for under asking – with the highest price drop over $100,000
- 2 homes sold for asking price
- 1 home sold for about $20,000 over the asking price
Real Estate Market In Sun City Lincoln
Currently, there are 36 homes for sale in Sun City Lincoln CA as of February 7, 2023, ranging from $375,000 (condo) and 470,000 (house) to $1,295,000.
- Homes Closed January 2023 – 14
- Median square feet – 1,888
- Median closed price January 2023 – $679,500
- Prices ranged from $470,000 to $1,095,000
- Median days on market – 68
- 10 homes sold for under asking – with the lowest being about $25,000 under
- 4 home sold for asking price
- 0 homes sold for over asking price.
BOTTOM LINE For January 2023 Real Estate Market in Roseville CA Area
Roseville CA is a great place to live for all ages including boomers and seniors (check out the video above – if I'm not mistaken, at the 46 second mark, that looks like Sun City Roseville's pool ramp for those who want to walk in rather climb down stairs – very nice! 😊)
If you are ready to start shopping for retirement homes for sale in roseville ca or traditional homes for sale – or maybe even one of our lovely brand new homes for sale – traditional or retirement – give me a call. I'd love to help you with your retirement needs. And just a quick reminder – if you do want to see brand new homes, be sure to take me with you on the first visit. Otherwise, they won't let you work with your own real estate agent (who is looking out for YOUR needs). Instead, you will have to work with one of their agents, who – quite properly – has the builder's needs as their priority. In addition, I won't be able to give you with a FOUR YEAR upgraded home warranty that starts when their one year warranty ends. And yes! Every one of my clients who has bought brand new has put that warranty to good use. 😀
I'm looking forward to talking to you soon!
PS Be sure to sign up for my free weekly newsletter, where I share Roseville and Sacramento area updates, fun events, holiday happenings, real estate market info, and more. Just click here – KayeSwain.com/newsletter