I have a Pinterest board, Rental & Renters' Resources. It has several links of rental resources useful to those renting in the Roseville, Sacramento area.The only problem? I've found many of my real estate clients, friends, and neighbors do NOT use Pinterest.
The valuable links there include property management companies in our area, rental apps, and other rental resources to help you find a rental home in the Greater Sacramento area including Roseville, Lincoln, and Rocklin CA. There are even some cautions, tips and hints that can help landlords. Once I realized how few people I was talking to used Pinterest, thus not being able to access this valuable info, I decided to turn that Pinterest board into this post. 🙂
Property Managers And More
- Select Property Management
- Sierra Pacific Management
- American Horizon Property Management
- Sacramento Delta
- Delta Star Management
- Action Properties
- Craigslist Rentals In Our Area (Be sure to see the posts below with Craigslist cautions.
- REALTOR.com Rentals in Roseville – for all rentals
- REALTOR.com Rentals in Sacramento Area. (Can use their app)
- Home River Sacramento Property Managers
- Trulia Rentals (can use their app)
- Homes.com (can use their app)
- Zillow (can use their app)
- Gold Properties of Lincoln – includes Rocklin and Roseville as well
- Placer Property Management
- Peak Residential Property Management
- RNB Property Management
- Huber Property Management
- Titan Property Management, also called Sacramento Property Management and Miller Property Management
- Results Property Management
- Vienna Property Management
- Tiner Properties
Other rental options
A Lease Option is another way to lease/rent a home.
Do Your OWN Background Check of Landlords
I was reminded recently that, just as your future landlord will check YOU out, it is important for you to check THEM out when possible. For property managers and apartment complexes, be sure to check the BBB.org – Better Business Bureau as well as Yelp.com. Read all the reviews closely and gauge them carefully. I will often discount negative reviews when I see that what they are writing is something petty, or something I would ding a tenant for as well. Also, sadly, those complaining are more likely to write a review than those who are happy. Still, a careful reading should give you an idea of how well they handle maintenance requests, etc. For individuals, there's not a lot you can check on other than to make sure they really own the property. You can often confirm that through a site like Spokeo.com for a small fee. You could probably call the property tax office for the appropriate county and give them the name of the landlord and ask them to confirm that person owns it (and yes, it's a good idea to get a copy of THEIR driver's license when you give them YOURS. Or you may be able to contact a real estate agent and give them the name and ask them to confirm if that is the owner showing. Not all owners will show up, though. For example, if it is in a trust it could be in a different name. Here are some resources to help:
- A terrific article by a Chicago attorney – tho be sure to ignore the Chicago or Illinois only info including #11 🙂
- Warning: Housing rental scam on Craigslist and Zillow lures renters to give up money, information
- 5 Warning Signs That A Craigslist Rental Listing Is Probably A Scam
- 4 Craigslist Rental Scams To Avoid
- Difference Between Renting from an Individual Landlord and a Property Management Firm?
55+ and Looking for Rentals?
Roseville, Rocklin, and Lincoln have 6 great 55+ communities with more coming soon! And they all will occasionally have rental options. There is no one property manager that handles just these. There are a couple that do a lot of them. But overall, you just have to look through the list at each one, looking specifically for:
- Sun City Roseville
- The Club At Westpark in Roseville
- Silverado Homes at Eskaton Village in Roseville
- Heritage Solaire Homes in Roseville
- Sun City Lincoln
- Springfield at Whitney Oaks in Rocklin CA
The two Sun City communities are the largest – at 3000 and 4000 homes. So they are the most likely to have good options. And you can even find rental listings for them at Craigslist as well as the other options like Zillow, Realtor, and even For Rent.
Another way to find rental options in those communities is to drive through the lovely homes looking for signs. And now that covid is easing off, you could try seeing if their lodge is open to the public, and ask if they have a community bulletin board where homes are listed. In Sun City Roseville, that used to be the bulletin board at the end of the hallway near the fitness center. But I'm not sure if it is still there due to the Covid changes.
Still More Rental Resources
Rental resources dealing with renters' insurance, rental scams, and one of my Facebook groups.
- My Facebook Group – RosevilleHomesForSaleOrRent
- Renters Insurance: That Was Easy
- Homeowners AND Renters Insurance Info
- Can I Share Renters Insurance With My Roommate?
- A missing lease agreement is not a reason to withhold rent
Rental resources for those renting out a room or renting a room
- 7 Things to Remember Before Renting Out a Room – You want a tenant under your roof, not a mistake you have to live with.
- Home-Sharing? Don’t Ignore Liability
- How Roommates in Your House Affect Your Homeowners Insurance
FYI. While these links are geared for landlords, some of the info can also be useful for renters.
- 8 FAQs About Security Deposits in California “Security deposit law in California has certain basics rules rental property owners must follow. Learn eight things California landlords must do.”
- Bedbug notification addendum from the California Apartment Association.
- Creative Options – Thinking Outside the Box – for How to Buy Your First Home
- 2% Rule? 50% Rule? Here’s the #1 Real Estate “Rule” One Writer Uses to Assess Property
More Rental Resources
UPDATED January 3, 2022