I have a Pinterest board, Rental & Renters’ Resources. It has several links of rental resources useful to those renting in the Roseville, Sacramento area.The only problem? I’ve found many of my real estate clients, friends, and neighbors do NOT use Pinterest.
The valuable links there include property management companies in our area, rental apps, and other rental resources to help you find a rental home in the Greater Sacramento area including Roseville and Rocklin CA. There are even some cautions, tips and hints that can help landlords. Once I realized how few people I was talking to used Pinterest, thus not being able to access this valuable info, I decided to turn that Pinterest board into this post. 🙂
(PLEASE NOTE: The whole internet is in a bit of flux due to Google basically mandating everyone switch from http:// to https://. The move is not easy and often causes some problems. I know, having just upgraded my blogs. Took a couple weeks for the issues to all (I hope 😉 ) shake out. I noticed when sharing this page with a client that several links are not working. When I went to check, I discovered several working as http but not https. But that could change soon. So I updated the links, but if they don’t work, I have a “Click here if they don’t work” note by the ones with issues. Hopefully, one way or the other you will get to the correct page. 🙂 And if you happen on other broken links elsewhere – try changing the http:// to https:// or vice versa. I’ve found that tip helpful many times in the last few weeks. 🙂 )
Property Managers And More
- Select Property Management
- American Horizon Property Management
- Sacramento Delta – (if that link doesn’t work, click here).
- Delta Star Management
- Action Properties
- River City Property Managers – (If that link doesn’t work, click here.) Specializing in home rentals in East Sacramento and Midtown since 1982.
- Craigslist Rentals In Our Area (Be sure to see the posts below with Craigslist cautions.
- REALTOR.com Rentals in Roseville – for all rentals – or just for single family houses.
- REALTOR.com Rentals in Sacramento Area. Just want to see single family homes in Sac? Click here. (Can use their app)
- Home Pointe Property Managers
- Trulia Rentals (can use their app)
- Homes.com (can use their app)
- Zillow (can use their app)
- Gold Properties of Lincoln – (if that link doesn’t work, click here) – includes Rocklin and Roseville as well
- Placer Property Management – (if that link doesn’t work, click here).
- Cornette Property Management
- RNB Property Management
- Huber Property Management – (if that link doesn’t work, click here).
- Titan Property Management, also called Sacramento Property Management and Miller Property Management
- Results Property Management
- Vienna Property Management
Other rental options
A Lease Option is another way to lease/rent a home.
Do Your OWN Background Check of Landlords
I was reminded recently that, just as your future landlord will check YOU out, it is important for you to check THEM out when possible. For property managers and apartment complexes, be sure to check the BBB.org – Better Business Bureau as well as Yelp.com. Read all the reviews closely and gauge them carefully. I will often discount negative reviews when I see that what they are writing is something petty, or something I would ding a tenant for as well. Also, sadly, those complaining are more likely to write a review than those who are happy. Still, a careful reading should give you an idea of how well they handle maintenance requests, etc. For individuals, there’s not a lot you can check on other than to make sure they really own the property. You can often confirm that through a site like Spokeo.com for a small fee. You could probably call the property tax office for the appropriate county and give them the name of the landlord and ask them to confirm that person owns it (and yes, it’s a good idea to get a copy of THEIR driver’s license when you give them YOURS. Or you may be able to contact a real estate agent and give them the name and ask them to confirm if that is the owner showing. Not all owners will show up, though. For example, if it is in a trust it could be in a different name. Here are some resources to help:
- A terrific article by a Chicago attorney – tho be sure to ignore the Chicago or Illinois only info including #11 🙂
- Warning: Housing rental scam on Craigslist and Zillow lures renters to give up money, information
- 5 Warning Signs That A Craigslist Rental Listing Is Probably A Scam
- 4 Craigslist Rental Scams To Avoid
- Difference Between Renting from an Individual Landlord and a Property Management Firm?
More Renter Info
Rental resources dealing with renters insurance, rental scams, and one of my Facebook groups.
- My Facebook Group – RosevilleHomesForSaleOrRent
- Renters Insurance: That Was Easy
- Homeowners AND Renters Insurance Info
- Can I Share Renters Insurance With My Roommate?
- A missing lease agreement is not a reason to withhold rent
Rental resources for those renting out a room or renting a room
- 7 Things to Remember Before Renting Out a Room – You want a tenant under your roof, not a mistake you have to live with.
- Home-Sharing? Don’t Ignore Liability
- How Roommates in Your House Affect Your Homeowners Insurance
- A liability risk for AirBNB hosts
FYI. While these links are geared for landlords, some of the info can also be useful for renters.
- 8 FAQs About Security Deposits in California “Security deposit law in California has certain basics rules rental property owners must follow. Learn eight things California landlords must do.”
- Bedbug notification addendum from the California Apartment Association.
- Creative Options – Thinking Outside the Box – for How to Buy Your First Home
- 2% Rule? 50% Rule? Here’s the #1 Real Estate “Rule” One Writer Uses to Assess Property
More Rental Resources
UPDATED June 2018