RELOCATING TO SACRAMENTO OR PLACER COUNTY CALIFORNIA?
I love the Sacramento greater metropolitan area in California. While my personal fave is Roseville (I love living here), there are so many great things about each of the sweet cities in this area including Sacramento itself, Carmichael, Fair Oaks, Orangevale, Folsom, Citrus Heights, Antelope, Granite Bay, Rocklin, Lincoln, Loomis, Penryn, Auburn, and more!From shopping, eating out, and lovely hopes to parks, creeks, and delightful walking trails, there's always plenty of interesting things to do. It's definitely a great place for those moving and relocating here.
While working with various clients moving to this area, I've been adding info and resources about relocating and more to my Pinterest boards to help them and you get to know our area better. Then again, I have to admit that, GASP, not everyone uses Pinterest! Including some of my own family! Yes, I freely admit it, I'm a techy, geeky REALTOR! Which does pay off for my real estate clients when I use my tech skills to help them with buying and selling real estate. But I also have plenty of friends and relatives who aren't into computers and smart phones quite as much as me.So I'm also pretty good at translating geek to English and providing a variety of options for various levels of geekness or non-geekness. 🙂 So today I thought I'd share some simple links for all of you who prefer that option. Like…
LOCAL NEWS TV CHANNELS
Whenever I've prepared to move to a new home or visit a new area, I love to find the websites for the local news information on TV and newspaper. Those are quite handy for getting the flavor of the area and finding out about interesting things to do and see when I get a chance to visit. Here are some of my faves for this area:
- They have plenty of news, info and resources including a variety of email alerts for news, weather, etc.
- They also publish an annual KCRA 3 A-List of the area's fave businesses and more per audience votes. I've found it a very handy list many times when looking for a new restaurant, pet food supplier, etc.
- You can watch their KCRA News channel 3 newscast online .
- They are on Facebook as well.
- Channel 10 news website also has pages for specific cities such:
- Roseville and Rocklin
- Carmichael and Fair Oaks
- Facebook page
- If there are other communities you'd like to see on their Channel 10 news site, just go to one of the two local pages I linked to above (Roseville and Rocklin or Carmichael and Fair Oaks), look in the top right corner of it, click “MORE ABC10 SITES” and you'll get a little pop-up with all their specialized area pages including:
Arden / La Riviera
Auburn / Grass Valley
Citrus Heights / N. Highlands / Antelope
Davis / Woodland / Vacaville
El Dorado Hills / Cameron Park / Placerville
Fair Oaks / Carmichael
Folsom / Orangevale
Land Park / Pocket
Lincoln / Marysville / Yuba City
Lodi / Galt / Linden
Manteca / Tracy / Ripon
Midtown / Downtown / Old Sac / N. Sac
Oakdale / Turlock
Rancho Cordova / Rosemont / Gold River
Roseville / Granite Bay / Rocklin / Loomis
Stockton: Central / East / South
Stockton: North / West
Fox 40 TV news and their Facebook page.
The Sacramento Bee is our Sacramento California area's primary newspaper
- You can subscribe to their online site only as well as a traditional subscription or a combination of the two.
- Sacbee Facebook page
Sacramento Business Journal and their Facebook page
There are also a variety of local newspapers and magazines for various cities and neighborhoods, many of which also have online versions, great for info to help with moving. Some of these include:
Roseville Press Tribune and their Facebook page
The publisher of the Roseville Press Tribune also publishes other area-specific newspapers including:
- Auburn Journal
- Colfax Record
- The Loomis News
- Placer Herald – Rocklin
- Lincoln News Messenger
- Folsom Telegraph
- El Dorado Hills Telegraph
Roseville Magazine and their Facebook page
The Messenger Publish Group publishes a wide variety of interesting local newspapers for various cities throughout the area including:
- Auburn Sentinel
- Granite Bay Mirror
- Carmichael Times
- American River Messenger
- Citrus Heights Messenger
- Sacramento Oracle
- Placer Sentinel
- Arden Advocate
- Gold River Messenger
- Orangevale Sun
- The Mercury
- Natomas Messenger
- West Sacramento Sun
- North County Messenger
- Wheatland Sun
- Rancho Cordova
Another interesting hyper-local newspaper group is EGnews Inc. with papers that include:
Most cities have very helpful websites that are great for both new and old residents and those who are relocating and moving to the area. Many are also quite active on Facebook. Here are the main ones I use:
- Roseville's website
- Roseville's newsletter sign-up (many very interesting newsletter subscriptions available)
- Roseville Police Facebook Page
- Roseville Fire Facebook Page
- Roseville City Facebook Page
- Roseville Parks and Rec Facebook Page
- Roseville Library Facebook Page and Friends of the Roseville Library
- Roseville CA Utilities and Roseville Utilities Exploration Center (fun and interesting for all and lots of fun things to do and classes to take for the kids and grandkids 🙂 )
- More Social Media Links for Roseville CA
Sacramento CA – (which should include info for the Sacramento unincorporated area cities including Carmichael, Orangevale, Fair Oaks, etc.)
- Sacramento's website
- Sacramento's newsletter sign-up
- Sacramento Police Facebook Page
- Sacramento Sheriffs Department (covers Carmichael, Fair Oaks, etc.
- Sacramento Sheriffs Facebook Page
- Sacramento Fire Facebook Page
- Sacramento Parks and Rec Facebook Page
- Sacramento Parks and Rec – Access Leisure Facebook Page
- Sacramento Library Facebook Page
- Sacramento Triple-R Adult Day Program
- More Social Medial Links for Sacramento CA
- Sacramento also has a wide variety of interesting and useful email newsletters including one for notifying you of commuter delays.
MORE LOCAL AREA RESOURCES TO HELP RELOCATING
I have two primary blogs with useful information, resources, and moving tips for help with relocating issues:
- KayeSwain.com – talking real estate for the Greater Sacramento metropolitan area – here I also share regularly updated monthly real estate market reports for the area to give you a good idea of what's happening and to help you compare with your current home. If you need a specific zip code in this area, just email me at [email protected] and I'll send it out to you. 🙂
- Roseville California Joys – talking about Roseville and the Sacaremento area,
– blogging about Roseville and the greater Sacramento area including moving tips, fun things to do, great parks and places to visit, terrific stores and restaurants, and more
I also have various Facebook pages for the local area including:
- RosevilleCaliforniaJoys – Covering Roseville CA and the surrounding area
- Kaye Swain Real Estate Agent – real estate information in general and for the greater Sacramento Roseville area
Pinterest – KayeSwainRE – As I mentioned at the beginning, I have many great resource boards at Pinterest with area info including City-specific boards like Carmichael and Fair Oaks, along with multiple boards for some cities including Roseville and Sacramento along with boards about home and garden decor, fun things for kids and grandkids, aging in place and caregiving resources in general and specific to our area, safety tips to help you research your new area and new neighborhood and much MUCH more.
NEED MORE RESOURCES? JUST LET ME KNOW
Need more information about the greater Sacramento area or any of the cities including my own, Roseville CA? Just give me a call at 916-768-0127 or email me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to help. 🙂
P.S. I've listed several Facebook pages above. One important note. Facebook has made many changes to their site and it's harder and harder to see pages you really want to see which could be especially inconvenient when you are monitoring pages to help with the move. At this moment in time (subject to constant changes at Facebooks whim, errr design), click LIKE on a page, hover over the LIKE arrow and when the box drops, click on NOTIFICATIONS (ALL ON). Then you will see all notifications in the little globe at the top right of Facebook. If you do this on your cell phone, click LIKE, then click the little dots on the far right above the word MORE, click NOTIFICATIONS, click each item there. Hopefully they will eventually put a CHOOSE ALL there. 😉
Contents of this article...
- RELOCATING TO SACRAMENTO OR PLACER COUNTY CALIFORNIA?
- LOCAL NEWS TV CHANNELS
- LOCAL NEWSPAPERS
- The Sacramento Bee is our Sacramento California area's primary newspaper
- Sacramento Business Journal and their Facebook page
- Roseville Press Tribune and their Facebook page
- Roseville Magazine and their Facebook page
- Style Roseville Granite Bay Rocklin Magazine and their Facebook page (If their link is not working – click here.)
- The Messenger Publishing Group
- EGnews, Inc.
- CITY LINKS
- MORE LOCAL AREA RESOURCES TO HELP RELOCATING
- NEED MORE RESOURCES? JUST LET ME KNOW