I often share affiliate links for products that I like. I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in a post or from Amazon but it does not cost you extra. 😊
Did You Know About the New Area Code in Placer County and Beyond?
If you live in our Roseville CA area (or have been house hunting here for a while), you probably are aware we keep growing. Not too surprising because we live in a GREAT AREA with so many wonderful options, great restaurants, fun activities, gorgeous parks, terrific 55+ retirement communities, gorgeous brand new home communities, and so much more! BUT Because of that, we have a NEW AREA CODE in Placer County AND several other counties – all of which have been covered up til now by the 530 area code. In fact, it covers the northeastern portion of California.
I am usually pretty up on area news. But I have to confess, I HAVE NOT HEARD OF THIS until this week, even tho it apparently was approved back in June. I'm guessing that anyone who has this area code knows about it. And by now, they all probably know, that just like us, they now have to dial 1-area code-number even for local calls. I've gotten very good at that since we had to start doing it a couple years ago? or YIKES 5 years ago – 2018? (Time flies when you are having fun with real estate and cute grandkids 😀).
But for those of you, who like me, hadn't heard of this, I thought I would share the info so you would know that the odd new area code – 837 – is totally legit! It covers the same area of 530 – which, as I mentioned above, is “most of the northeastern portion of California, including all or portions of Alpine, Butte, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Humboldt, Lassen, Modoc, Mono, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Yolo, and Yuba counties. It serves cities and communities including but not limited to Chico, Davis, El Dorado Hills, Oroville, Paradise, Placerville, Red Bluff, Redding, South Lake Tahoe, Truckee, Woodland, and Yuba City, as well as unincorporated areas.” WOWWWW!!!!
So if you get a phone call from someone with an 837 area code, don't automatically dismiss it as junk calls, it might be totally legit. It might be a new neighbor to our area that has the new area code in Placer County and beyond. AND FUN FACT– California started in the 40s with 3 area codes. As of July 2023, California has 38 active area codes.
And now, it's time to take a look at how our 9-3-23 real estate in Roseville CA area is doing.
9-3-23 Real Estate in ROSEVILLE California
- According to Metrolist MLS, there are currently 220 houses for sale in Roseville CA ranging in price from $399,000 to $1,889,990
- 22 Homes decreased in price in the last 7 days
- 10 Homes increased in price in the last 7 days
9-3-23 Real Estate in ROCKLIN California
- According to Metrolist MLS, there are currently 95 houses for sale in Rocklin ranging in price from $284,128 to 2,200,000
- 7 Homes decreased in price in the last 7 days
- 0 Homes increased in price in the last 7 days
9-3-23 Real Estate in Roseville CA Retirement Communities
- According to Metrolist MLS, there are currently 27 houses for sale in all of our lovely Roseville CA 55 Plus Retirement Communities ranging in price from $429,000 to $785,000
- Of those – 6 are in the Silverado Homes at Eskaton Village; 12 are in Sun City Roseville; and the other 9 are in The Club at Westpark, Lennar Heritage homes, and Lennar Vineyard homes. 3 are new to the market.
- 2 Homes decreased in price
- 0 Homes increased in price
The Broader Area of Placer and Sacramento Counties
- According to Metrolist MLS, there are currently 714 houses for sale in Placer County ranging in price from
- 29 Homes decreased in price in the last 7 days
- 12 Homes increased in price in the last 7 days
- According to Metrolist MLS, there are currently 961 houses for sale in Sacramento County
- 91 Homes decreased in price in the last 7 days
- 14 Homes increased in price in the last 7 days
Mortgage Rates Via Freddie Mac's weekly PMMS® Data
Freddie Mac's weekly PMMS® Data for weekly average mortgage rates as of 8-31-23
Last Week's Stats
BOTTOM LINE For Our 9-3-23 Real Estate in Roseville CA Area Update
As I write this, it is the Sunday before Labor Day. I had fun researching and writing about the new area code in Placer County And Beyond and hope you enjoyed it as well. Did you already know about the change?
Our 9-3-23 real estate in Roseville CA area update overall seems pretty much the same. The numbers go up a bit or down a bit – both for the homes sold/for sale and for the interest rates. Just tiny-seeming incremental changes each month. BUT if you look at my blog post for 9/4/22 – one year and a day different – Roseville had 335 homes for sale compared to today's 220 – about 34% less choices. MUCH fewer choices today in Roseville. 138 vs 95 when we compare last year to this year for Rocklin – about 31% less choices. So pretty close.
For all of you interested in selling your home – perhaps due to the need to downsize, or maybe to move closer to your family, etc., that makes YOUR house VERY desirable! People are still house hunting in spite of the interest rates. IF it is in great shape (recently painted inside and out, well maintained, etc.), we are still seeing many homes sell quickly. Not all, of course. But still, the reason a lot don't sell, is due to their need for some tender loving care like paint. If you'd like to discuss your options, give me a call at 916-768-0127 or email me at KayeSwainRE@gmail.com – I'd love to help you with your real estate questions and needs.
Have a lovely week!
All reports and info presented are based on data supplied by the MetroList MLS. The MetroList MLS does not guarantee or is not in anyway responsible for its accuracy. Data maintained by the MetroList MLS may not reflect all real estate activities in the market. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
These figures and all figures in these articles include ONLY those homes on the MLS – a few of which may be brand new, most of which are traditional re-sale homes. 😊