Spotlight on Citrus Heights CA
Citrus Heights, CA – located in Sacramento County – is shown in the map below inside the white drawing surrounded by the red line. I made the screen shot a bit larger to give you an idea of where it lies in relation to other cities – it's literally right next door to my own city of Roseville, CA. Antelope, North Highlands, and Foothill Farms are to the left (West), Granite Bay is up and to the right (North East), Orange vale to the right (East), with Fair Oaks (South West) and Carmichael below (South East). And Sacramento is right past them (South – both East and West -as it's quite large!
Per Wikipedia, “Citrus Heights is a city in Sacramento County, California. As of the 2020 U.S. Census, the city had a population of 87,583, up from 83,301 at the 2010 U.S. Census.
Citrus Heights became an actual city in 1997, 3 years after I moved here. And oddly enough, if you thought it got it's name for past or present citrus groves, you (and I) are both wrong, According to the Citrus Heights Historical Society, “It was chosen to be the name of a new subdivision in the area!” And then, it apparently grew up to become a city. 😀 Very interesting!
Citrus Heights Weather
According to the City's website, the weather in Citrus Heights (which is pretty much the same as Roseville) “is characterized by mild winters and dry summers. The area usually has a low humidity.”
Citrus Heights, which is in Sacramento County and South Placer County which includes my city of Roseville CA all share very similar weather.
Most rain probably does happen between December and February, but we also get rain October and November as well as March – May.
And I had to chuckle at their “average temperature throughout the year being 61 degrees – which is a range from 45 in December to 76 in July. ClimateData.com agreed with them – and says the same for Roseville CA. But don't let that fool you. We can go into the 30s many a day in the winter and we've hit 114 often enough in the summer. That being said, we also have the Delta Breezes in the spring and summer that do make our higher temp days feel much cooler. And, generally speaking, we only have about 2-3 weeks out of the year that hot (or for that matter, that cold). But those days definitely DO exist. 😀
Citrus Heights Vital Links Online
- Citrus Heights Government – https://www.citrusheights.net/27/Government
- Citrus Heights Police Department – 6315 Fountain Square Drive Citrus Heights, CA 95621 – Lobby hours are Monday through Friday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday & Sunday – Closed – https://www.citrusheights.net/222/Police-Department
- Citrus Heights Fire Department / Fire District – All fire protection services for Citrus Heights residents and businesses are provided by the Sacramento Metro Fire District. – https://metrofire.ca.gov/
- Citrus Heights Parks and Recreation services are provided through Sunrise Recreation and Parks which also provides for Antelope and Foothill Farms. Their website is at https://www.sunriseparks.com/
- Citrus Heights Parks – https://www.sunriseparks.com/citrus-heights-area-parks
- Sylvan Oaks Library – 6700 Auburn Boulevard, Citrus Heights, CA 95621 – 1-916-264-2700
- Citrus Heights Neighborhood Associations – https://www.citrusheights.net/450/Neighborhood-Associations
- Sunrise Mall Update Info – https://www.citrusheights.net/1009/Sunrise-Mall-Specific-Plan
- New Residents – https://www.citrusheights.net/521/New-Residents
- Telephone Use – One thing about our phone service in our whole area, including Roseville, Citrus Heights, Sacramento, etc. – all who use 916 area code. As of 2018, they have added a second area code – 279 – AND they now require us to dial 1 and then the phone number even though it is a local number for us. Not a big deal, but definitely unusual – you can read more about it by clicking here.
- Sign up for MORE news from Citrus Heights – a great way to learn even more about Citrus Heights as well as keep up-to-date on various happenings. https://www.citrusheights.net/926/Citrus-Heights-E-Newsletter
Citrus Heights On Facebook:
Citrus Heights Police Department on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/CitrusHeightsPD/
Sunrise Recreation and Parks on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SunriseParks/
Hospitals Near Citrus Heights
While Citrus Heights has no hospitals in the city limits, there are several excellent ones that are quite close:
- Kaiser Medical Center – 1600 Eureka Road, Roseville, CA – about 7 miles, 15 minutes to Citrus Heights City Hall
- Sutter Medical Center – 1 Medical Plaza Dr, Roseville CA – about 7 miles, 15 minutes to Citrus Heights City Hall
- Mercy San Juan Medical Center – part of Dignity Health – about 2.5 miles, 7 minutes to Citrus Heights City Hall
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Center – 2025 Morse Ave, Sacramento, CA 95825 – about 10 miles, 22 minutes to Citrus Heights City Hall
- UC Davis Medical Center – 2315 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95817 – 916-734-2011 – about 20 miles, 30 minutes (depending on traffic and times) to Citrus Heights City Hall
(FYI – UC Davis appears to charge for parking at this location. And some of the Mercy locations do as well. I don't believe the others do but it might be worth it to ask regardless of where you will be going as that could easily change.)
To keep the time/distances in perspective – from my house in West Roseville to Kaiser or Sutter in Roseville, it's about 8 miles and 19 minutes. So Citrus Heights definitely has excellent and timely options as well.
Shopping In and Around Citrus Heights
Citrus Heights has a variety of stores including great grocery stores. These include:
- Bel Air
- Walmart Neighborhood Store
- Food Maxx
Right next door in Roseville they also can enjoy Sam's Club, Costco, Whole Foods, Westfield Galleria at Roseville, The Fountains Shopping Center, and more.
Citrus Heights also has the Sunrise Mall which used to be one of the go-to malls in our area. As you may know, malls are becoming less the “standard” so traffic there has died down considerably and they are in the process of redoing it into something that sounds very cool. “The Sunrise Mall will remain open through redevelopment, which will be completed in phases, likely starting with converting the surplus parking. The City encourages the community to continue to shop and attend events at the Sunrise Mall.” You can learn more about the planned changes and see maps, models, and photos by clicking here. It does sound quite exciting!
And while showing a lovely condo for sale in Citrus Heights, I discovered a new-to-me Bible store that is there – which led me to discover some other great book stores in Citrus Heights like:
- Citrus Plaza Books & Gifts – 6420 San Juan Ave, Citrus Heights – (916) 725-2757
- Barnes & Noble – Birdcage Walk, 6111 Sunrise Blvd, Citrus Heights – (916) 853-1511
- Half Price Books – 7975 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights – (916) 722-1101
- Easter's Catholic Books & Gifts – 6916 Sunrise Blvd, Citrus Heights – (916) 338-7272
Citrus Heights Restaurants
Citrus Heights offers a wide variety of restaurants in their city, along with even more choices close by in cities such as Roseville, Rocklin, Carmichael, Fair Oaks, Granite Bay, and – of course – Sacramento. Some of the restaurants in Citrus Heights I or others have enjoyed include:
- Red Robin – 7990 Greenback Ln, Citrus Heights, CA 95610, (916) 726-7792
- Red Lobster – 6231 Sunrise Blvd, Citrus Heights, CA 95610 – https://www.redlobster.com/
- Olive Garden – 5445 Sunrise Boulevard Citrus Heights, CA 95610 – https://www.olivegarden.com/
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant, 5637 Sunrise Blvd, Citrus Heights, CA 95610 – eltapatioca.com
Citrus Heights Schools
The City of Citrus Heights is home to 12 San Juan Unified schools, where they offer preschool, transitional kindergarten and K-12 learning experiences for students.
3738 Walnut Avenue, Carmichael, CA 95608 (916) 971-7700. https://www.sanjuan.edu/
The school report cards for the Citrus Heights school can be found by clicking —>>> https://sarconline.org/public/findASarc?schoolDistrict=san%20juan%20&cityCounty=citrus%20heights&academicYearId=13&pageNumber=1&resultsPerPage=50
Zip Codes for Citrus Heights
According to the post office's website – USPS.com – Citrus Heights has 3 zip codes but one of those, 95611, is apparently only used for PO Boxes. So the two area zip codes are 95610 and 95621.
Real Estate In Citrus Heights California
Real estate in Citrus Heights CA is popping, just as it is pretty much everywhere in California – and many other cities across the United States. We are definitely seeing multiple offers there! Houses for sale in Citrus Heights CA are often selling for over the asking price, and sometimes even for a LOT over the asking price. Here are some examples from the past couple of months:
- Between 2/26/22 – 4/26/22 164 homes closed, 106 went pending, and 60 are currently active.
- The median size house is 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 1,542 square feet.
- The median listing price is $506,052 and the median closing price is $530,000 and the median days on market is 7.
- Of the 164 homes that closed, 22 went for under the listing price, 11 went for the listing price, and the remaining 131 went for over the listing price. Some for as low as $5k, $10k, $15k and several for $50k-$80k over and one for $100,000 over!!!! WOW! The market here just keeps on surprising us all!
Homes for Sale Citrus Heights California
Check out the currently available homes sale Citrus Heights California, with the most recently listed at the top:
Condos for Sale Citrus Heights CA
And if you prefer condos, they have many of those as well:
Citrus Heights Has Great Home Options for Boomers and Seniors
Many of the homes and condos in Citrus Heights are single story and easy-maintenance options are plentiful.
Ready To Check Out Citrus Heights?
When you are ready to house hunt in Citrus Heights or the surrounding area, just give me a call – 916-768-0127 or email / text me at KayeSwainRE@gmail.com. I'd love to help you with all your real estate needs!