Seems like a grand week to decorate my real estate and other blogs a bit for Christmas. It’s perfect timing since I’ll be participating in the Caregiving Holiday Progressive Blog Party at SandwichINK. And with plenty of snow in so many spots, it’s got me in a Jingle Bell mood! Perfect for one of my favorite Christmas songs by Michael W. Smith, Kay Thompson’s Jingle Bells. But first…
In case you are thinking of buying or selling your home or other real estate and wondering if you should wait til spring, I do have some food for thought on that topic. For starters, you will have fewer people out there buying or selling, of course. Meaning less competition either way!
The people looking to buy homes during these chilly winter months are usually very serious about buying – giving you a better chance of a solid sale that goes through to a happy and closed escrow. And the same should hold true for those selling!
Did you know that sales in winter actually go up amongst retirees! Click here to check out an interesting article from Dave Ramsey.
And did you know that the best month to buy a house is January! That’s from Mark Di Vincenzo in Time – Business and Money. He also reveals his opinion of the best day and season to sell a house and more. It’s a fascinating read you can enjoy if you click here. 🙂
Here’s a few more interesting articles on the topic:
- MSN Real Estate – 13 tips for selling your home in winter…warm and brighten up the place; make it look like a refuge from the weather.
- Advantages of Selling Your Home in the Winter – this has some excellent tips if you decide to sell your home during the winter months.
- Buying a Home in the Winter – Some of the advantages.
- Sell your home in winter? Winter is a great time for playing up your home’s cosy, family-friendly charm.
- MSN Real Estate – Winter’s chill gives edge to house hunters Would-be buyers have far less competition in the colder months.
- Putting Your House on the Market This Winter? Tips for showing your home during the holidays.
And now, it’s time for that gorgeous holiday music. A delightful background for some serious thought, perhaps? 🙂
Have a grand week.
P.P.S. Want more information about your real estate needs? Just click here.