I often share affiliate links for products that I like. I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in a post or from Amazon but it does not cost you extra. 😊
How Buying One of the Multigenerational Homes For Sale in Roseville CA Area Can Help with the Affordability Issue
In today's world of rising housing costs, many buyers are looking for ways to still be able to buy a home. Some of them have found a solution thanks to multigenerational living. Multigenerational homes for sale in Roseville CA area can enable two or more adult generations to live together under one roof. This includes siblings, parents, grandparents, and maybe even grandkids or great-grandkids. Here’s an in-depth look at why more buyers are choosing this option today, so you can see if it may be right for you too.
Reasons To Buy a Multigenerational Home
Cost Savings: About 28% of first-time buyers and 11% of repeat buyers are deciding on a multigenerational home to save on costs. By pooling their resources, households can share the financial responsibilities like mortgage payments, utilities, property taxes, and maintenance, to make homeownership more affordable. This is especially helpful for first-time homebuyers who may be finding it tough to afford a home on their own in today's market.
More Space: Another 28% of first-time buyers and 18% of repeat buyers are doing it because they want a larger home they couldn’t afford on their own. For some of the repeat buyers who listed this as a main motivator, it could be because they find themselves taking care of older parents while also welcoming back young adults who've returned to the nest. With everyone chipping in and combining their incomes, suddenly, that big dream home with more space is within reach. As the Triangle Business Journal explains:
“Choosing multi-gen living allows people to purchase a home much larger than they could afford on their own by leveraging the combined income, credit and a down payment of those that they will be occupying the home with.”
And did you know that you can even buy a home in a 55+ retirement community like Sun City Roseville for multigenerational purposes. My senior mom and I lived there together for years, til she went home to be with the Lord. I've met several families doing the same. We did great together and it was a big help for both of us. I'd do it again in a heart beat! It's a great option with all the same advantages, and then some!
Lean on an Expert
If you’re interested in this too, partner with a local real estate agent – like me. 😊 Finding the perfect multi-generational home isn't as simple as shopping for a regular house. That’s because there are more people with even more opinions and needs that should be considered. And yes, I am very familiar with this issue, having lived multi-generationally on more than one occasion – twice to help sweet elderly parents as well as to help kids and grandkids for a season.
You've got to make sure everyone has their own space, find room for shared household time, and possibly even create adaptable areas for older relatives. It's a puzzle, and the pieces need to fit just right. Your real estate agent has the expertise and local knowledge to help you find that home where everyone can be comfortable without breaking the bank. As MoneyGeek.com puts it:
“Having a good multigenerational property can improve the prospects of success when living with loved ones. A multigenerational home should fit the specific needs of most family members regardless of age or health. Speaking to a real-estate agent can help you gain clarity and locate a fit.”
Real Estate Stats For Roseville CA Area Including Multigenerational Home Options
Here are this week's latest price increases and decreases along with some of the large and lovely homes in Roseville that might work well for multigenerational living.
12-30-23 Real Estate in Roseville California Area
- According to Metrolist MLS, there are currently 176 houses for sale in Roseville CA that are one acre or less, ranging in price from $269,900 – $393,000 for condos, and $399,900 – $1,889,990 for houses.
- 4 Homes decreased in price in the last 7 days
- 2 Homes increased in price in the last 7 days
Here are some of the larger homes for sale in Roseville right now to show you some great multigenerational options.
12-30-23 Real Estate in ROSEVILLE CA Retirement Communities Update
- According to Metrolist MLS, there are currently 59 houses for sale in all of our lovely Roseville CA 55 Plus Retirement Communities in Roseville, Rocklin, and Lincoln, ranging in price from $435,000 to $1,249,000
- 3 Homes decreased in price
- 1 Home increased in price
Below you will see some of the larger homes for sale in our various 55+ retirement communities in Roseville, Rocklin, and Lincoln CA. My mom and I did great in 1470 square feet. Some of my clients have felt the same. Others needed 2200+. And yes! You can find houses bigger and smaller than those. 😊
Placer County CA Real Estate Market Update
- According to Metrolist MLS, there are currently 537 houses for sale in Placer County, CA.
- 9 Homes decreased in price in the last 7 days
- 2 Homes increased in price in the last 7 days
Sacramento County CA Real Estate Market Update
- According to Metrolist MLS, there are currently 833 houses for sale in Sacramento County
- 23 Homes decreased in price in the last 7 days
- 6 Homes increased in price in the last 7 days
Latest Mortgage Rate info
Multigenerational Living Can Definitely Help with Today's Affordability Issues!
Buying one of our multigenerational homes for sale in Roseville CA area can be a smart way to tackle some of today’s affordability challenges. When you team up to share expenses, you can make your dream of homeownership more attainable. And that's true no matter what your age, number of people involved, or other circumstances. If this sounds like a possible option for you and your loved ones, let’s connect to help you find a home that’s the perfect fit.
- How Buying One of the Multigenerational Homes For Sale in Roseville CA Area Can Help with the Affordability Issue
- Real Estate Stats For Roseville CA Area Including Multigenerational Home Options
- 12-30-23 Real Estate in Roseville California Area
- 12-30-23 Real Estate in ROSEVILLE CA Retirement Communities Update
- Placer County CA Real Estate Market Update
- Sacramento County CA Real Estate Market Update
- Latest Mortgage Rate info
- Multigenerational Living Can Definitely Help with Today's Affordability Issues!