Happy Autumn in my sweet city of Roseville
It's September! It's AUTUMN, it was a great day for Pickleball (I thoroughly enjoyed a game this morning at one of our many pickle ball courts in Roseville), and it's time for my monthly update – the August 2022 real estate market in Roseville CA area.
For those who might be new, and are wondering why August instead of September, since it IS September – Real estate numbers, for the most part, are always a month behind. That way we can share the full month, and it gives agents a few days after the end of the month to update all their information (and even then, by the next month. I usually try to do it around the middle of the month, but it's always subject to how things are going. If I'm juggling more than normal, my clients ALWAYS come first, so it could make me faster (if I see it coming), or slower. But this week, I just closed a delightful escrow for my two happy buyers in Sun City Roseville. And I'm enjoying working on this pretty much mid-month+. And happily for all, I also DO include some September stats as well. 🙂
Today we're again looking at single family homes with 0-.25 acres in Placer and Sacramento County real estate, as well as a handful of cities in those counties including the real estate market for Roseville CA. I also like to check in on info for all of our two Sun City 55+ golf retirement communities in Roseville and Lincoln. You'll see TrendGraphix Charts for the Roseville numbers. (If you'd like more Trendgraphix charts just email me at KayeSwainRE@gmail.com with the area you'd like to see and I'll be glad to send it to you.)
And today, I am also including, by special request, some Lake of the Pine statistics. 🙂
Placer and Sacramento Counties
AUGUST 2022 Real Estate Market in Placer County
Homes sold in Placer County AUGUST 2022 – 307
The number of homes sold in AUGUST 2022 was up 3.7% compared to last month and down 31.6% from August 2021.
Of the homes that closed – I spotted a couple that sold and closed in late August for OVER $130,000 LESS than the asking price. As far as those that went over, it was a much smaller amount and most went over for a few thousand up to $20,000 but I did spot a couple for about $60,000 over and about $40,000 over.
Here are some charts from Trendgraphix with even more info:
AUGUST 2022 Real Estate Market in Sacramento County
Homes sold in Sacramento County AUGUST 2022 – 1,150
The number of homes sold in AUGUST 2022 was up 5.9% compared to last month and down 27.6% from August 2021.
AUGUST 2022 Real Estate Market In Roseville CA
Homes sold/closed AUGUST 2022 – 165
The number of homes sold in AUGUST 2022 was up 5.1% compared to last month and down 29.5% compared to last year!
AUGUST 2022 Real Estate Market In Rocklin CA
Homes sold/closed AUGUST 2022 – 59
The number of homes sold in AUGUST 2022 was up 11.3% compared to last month and down 43.3% compared to last year!
AUGUST 2022 Real Estate Market In Lincoln
Homes sold/closed AUGUST 2022 – 98
The number of homes sold in AUGUST 2022 was up 7.7% compared to last month and down 22.8% compared to last year!
AUGUST Real Estate Market In Citrus Heights CA
Homes sold/closed AUGUST 2022 – 83
The number of homes sold in AUGUST 2022 was up 62.7% compared to last month and down 9.8% compared to last year!
Two of The Lovely 55+ Communities in Placer County
AUGUST (and SEPTEMBER) 2022 Real Estate Market In Sun City Roseville CA
Homes for sale in Sun City Roseville CA, September 22, 2022 – 22, ranging from $455,950 – $899,000.
- Homes Closed – 10.(14 closed in JULY, 2022)
- Median square feet – 1,679
- Median closed price – $649,000 (last month – $600,750)
- Median days on market – 13
- 6 homes sold for under asking – ranging from $4,000 -37,000 under
- 1 home sold for asking price
- 3 homes sold for over asking price, ranging from $5,100 to $10,050
- Homes Closed AUGUST 2021 – 20
- Median square feet AUGUST 2021 -1,741
- Median closed price AUGUST 2021 – $616,500
- Median days on market AUGUST 2021 – 5
Sneak Preview for September for Sun City Roseville
So far through September 22, 2022 – 19 homes have closed in Sun City Roseville CA, median days on market is creeping to 27, and median closed price is $599,000 (median listing price is $627,905).
AUGUST (and SEPTEMBER) 2022 Real Estate Market In Sun City Lincoln CA
Homes for sale in Sun City Lincoln CA as of September 22, 2022 – 45, ranging in price from $479,500 – 1,389,000
- Homes Closed – 26. (29 closed in JULY, 2022)
- Median square feet – 1,640
- Median closed price – $642,500 (last month – $699,000)
- Median days on market – 25
- 17 homes closed under the asking price – ranging from $5,000 – $25,000
- 3 homes closed for the asking price
- 6 homes closed over the asking price – ranging from $1,000 – 10,005
- Homes Closed MONTH 2021 – 39
- Median square feet MONTH 2021 – 2,955
- Median closed price MONTH 2021 – $587,000
- Median days on market MONTH 2021 – 6
Sneak Preview for September 2022 for Sun City Lincoln CA
So far through September 22, 2022, 18 homes have closed, median days on market is 11, and median closed price is 688,833! (median listing price is 695,550).
Lake of the Pines
Due to special request, I'm including Lake of the Pines periodically. (As you can see from the caption, that is NOT a photo of Lake of the Pines but it is very similar to what you might see there. It is GORGEOUS. Can you imagine living walking distance from this large and lovely lake, away from the hustle and bustle of city life and city traffic! Great for a home OR a second “get-away” home!
Lake of the Pines – July 1 – Sept 17 2022
- 28 homes closed
- 18 closed for under the asking price
- 5 closed at asking price
- 5 closed over the asking price
- Over asking prices ranged from $16k to $51k to $90k
- Under asking prices ranged from $10k to $29k to $50k to $80k to $108,000 and everything in between
Lake of the Pines – July 1-Sept 17 2021
- 34 homes closed
- 14 sold for under the asking price
- 7 sold at the asking price
- 13 sold for over the asking price
- Over asking prices ranged from $1000 to $45,000 to $81,000 to $235,000 OVER
- Under asking was almost as dramatic ranging from $7000 to 144,000 under!!!
BOTTOM LINE For AUGUST 2022 Real Estate Market in Roseville CA Area
We continue to see definite changes that appear to be dramatically impacted by the fed rate increases, followed each time by the interest rate increases. With the 75 basis point increase this past week on September 21, 2022, along with their comments indicating they intend to keep raising the rates, sadly, interest rates will be increasing.
In fact, one of my top lenders, Rodney Anderson at Big Valley Mortgage, just sent me this important FYI- “Rates went up a lot yesterday (CURRENTLY at 7%) so if you are house hunting and you have a pre-approved loan but it's NOT locked in, you need to go back to your lender and re-verify your qualifying. Some buyers may no longer be qualified for a loan. It was a game changer!” Not good news for many, I know. But for those of you with money in the bank to buy, it WILL be somewhat good news as I would also anticipate many home prices dropping even more by those sellers who do need to sell. And multiple offers with extremely high over the asking are becoming more and more rare in our Roseville area.
And, of course, if you are looking to sell or buy in our Roseville area, I would love to help you. Just give me a call at 916-768-0127 or email me at KayeSwainRE@gmail.com. 😀
The charts and some of the info above is provided by TrendGraphix which is then provided to us by MetroList MLS
All reports presented are based on data supplied by the MetroList MLS. The MetroList MLS does not guarantee or is not in anyway responsible for its accuracy. Data maintained by the MetroList MLS may not reflect all real estate activities in the market. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Contents of this article...
- Happy Autumn in my sweet city of Roseville
- Placer and Sacramento Counties
- City Stats
- Two of The Lovely 55+ Communities in Placer County
- AUGUST (and SEPTEMBER) 2022 Real Estate Market In Sun City Lincoln CA
- Lake of the Pines
- BOTTOM LINE For AUGUST 2022 Real Estate Market in Roseville CA Area