Roseville CA Homes for Sale and
Time for the monthly August 2021 Roseville real estate market report. And just in time, as I just saw the SacBee article with the headline, “Sacramento region home prices just dropped. What does that mean for the rest of 2021?” Since we are currently working with buyers who have been a bit frustrated with the high prices, I HAD to check it out for the areas we are working in. So I have copied the article I wrote last month – click here to see that. Next I am going to fill in the same things for the same areas but for July instead of June.
August 2021 Roseville CA Real Estate Market Report
Starting off, let's look at all 3 zip codes combined for Roseville CA – 95678, 95747, 95661. We'll be looking at all single family homes between $300,000 – $999,999 as I have been working with real estate clients in both those ranges plus in between. 😀
- 109 Roseville homes for sale as of August 12.
- Number of homes sold in Roseville CA July 1-July 31, 2021 – 214
- Average price per square foot of all homes sold in Roseville in July – $316 per sq ft
- Average days on market for all homes sold in Roseville in July – 10 days
- Most of the Roseville homes sold in July sold for over the list price.
- Average sold price for Roseville homes sold in July – $627! This was higher than the same time last year, but it was DEFINITELY down from last month! My BUYERS will be HAPPY. Sellers might want to hustle to put their homes on the market NOW. This is the slowing season normally, Kids back in school, holidays coming. And no telling how things might change by next spring. Of course, it does vary by area and even by neighborhoods.
- We still have a small amount of homes for sale which means we are still in a very strong seller's market – in all three zip codes – BUT we have more homes available this month than last month AND more homes available this month than last year at the same time. MORE good news for buyers!
Let's dig deeper…
Roseville Real Estate Market Report By Zip Code
August 2021 Roseville CA Real Estate Market Report – Homes in 95678
This area has some of our oldest homes in Roseville including some lovely historic old houses. It also has neighborhoods with newer homes. So a delightful variety to choose from. And for those in the older neighborhoods, you are often a walk away from Downtown Roseville with the various fun activities that happen down there – Like last month's “Movie in the Park” hosted by RCONA (Roseville Coalition of Neighborhood Associations) and Cherry Glen Neighborhood Association.
Here are the current activities scheduled through September.
(For the activities booklet and the website to the Roseville parks and recreation department with tons of fun happenings that are scheduled through Christmas, go to Roseville.CA.US/Guide – that will take you to the booklets page which generally has the most up-to-date event schedule. And if you want more info just go to Roseville.CA.US/Parks 😀👍)
- 23 Roseville 95678 homes for sale on the market – as of August 12, 2021.
- Number of Roseville 95678 homes that were sold during July 1-31, 2021 – 59 – which is a few less than last month.
- Average price per square foot of all homes sold in Roseville 95678 – $319.00. That number is up a bit compared to last month and up 21.8% compared to last year!
- Average days on market for all Roseville 95678 homes in July – 14 days. Which means we are moving a bit slower than last month, though faster than last year at this time.
- Average sold price for Roseville 95678 homes sold in July – $566,000.00. This was down a bit – by 3.5% – compared to last month. But it was up 20.7% compared to last year!
August 2021 Roseville CA Market Report – Homes in 95661
Roseville 95661 is home to one of my grandkids' favorite parks – The DINOSAUR Park, also known as Olympus Park.
- 18 Roseville 95661 homes for sale on the market as of – August 12, 2021.
- Number of Roseville 95661 homes that were sold during July 1-31, 2021 – 30 homes closed – compared to last month's 31.
- Average price per square foot of all homes sold in Roseville 95661 – $332.00. That was up from last month.
- Average. days on market for all Roseville 95661 homes in July – 9 days
- Average sold price for 95661 homes sold in July- $675,000.00 . This was down compared to last month. And it was up about 20.3% compared to last year!
August 2021 Roseville CA Market Report – Homes in 95747
95747 is home to another awesome park – Mahany Regional Park. Some of my long distance grandkids came to visit recently and we enjoyed a trip there and WOW! They have such cool equipment in their Project Play park/playground – including great accessibility option. I was especially happy to see a ride that you can take someone on with a wheelchair AND some Braille play signs. AWESOME!
- 68 Roseville 95747 homes for sale on the market as of – August 12, 2021.
- Number of Roseville 95747 homes that were sold during July 1-31, 2021 – 120 homes
- Average price per square foot of all homes sold in Roseville 95747 – $311.00 – That number is up 4.4% compared to last month and up 30.1% compared to last year!
- Avg. days on market for all Roseville 95747 homes in July – 9 days – a bit slower to sell compared to last month.
- Avg sold price for Roseville 95747 homes sold in July – $644,000.00. This was down about 5.6% – compared to last month. And it was up about 19.5% compared to last year!
- In July 2021, there was only .5 months of inventory in Roseville 95747 available on the MLS. That means we are still in a Seller's Market.
AUGUST 2021 Roseville CA Real Estate – Homes in 55+ Retirement Communities
We have four lovely 55+ retirement home communities in Roseville CA 95747 including Silverado Homes at Eskaton Village (pictured above). It also includes our first and biggest – Del Webb Sun City Roseville CA with 2 swimming pools, 2 golf courses, tons of interesting clubs and groups, and great walking options throughout this lovely master planned active senior retirement community. Which means, there are often some lovely view homes available. I just checked and CURRENTLY there are 2 lovely view homes on the golf course available! 😀 I have some of the view homes of any kind directly below this AND most of the 55+ homes currently available in any of our four 55+ communities listed right below the bullet points (if no homes showing, it may mean there are none for sale right now. OR it could mean tech issues – in which case – give me a buzz – 916-768-0127 or email me at KayeSwainRE@gmail.com and I'll set you up with a search direct from the MLS where we can catch those tech issues easily. 😀
- ALL of Roseville's 55+ homes for sale on the market right now as of August 12, 2021 total 13. Of those – 8 are in Del Webb Sun City Roseville, 2 are in the Silverado Homes at Eskaton Village, 2 are in Lennar's Solaire Heritage, and 1 is in Del Webb The Club at Westpark. So there is at least one home on the market in each of our four 55+ active senior retirement communities at this moment.
- Number of Roseville's 55+ homes that were sold during July 1-31, 2021 – 32 homes sold which is about 12 more than last month.
- *Average sold price per square foot for Roseville's 55+ homes sold in July – $346.11 (347.90 median)
- 7 homes sold for less than asking price, 7 homes sold for the asking price, and 18 homes sold for above asking price.
- 14 homes received multiple offers ranging from 2 offers to 5 offers – of those 5 of them received either 3, 4, or 5 offers and all of those homes were in Del Webb Sun City.
- Of the homes that went for over asking – the amount over ranged from $20,000 – $35,000. That is GREAT news for my buyers – as LAST month, I also did a “number crunching post” looking at that and we saw offers go as high as $100,000 (1) and $82,500(1) and a total of about 9 that went higher than $35,000.00 – my buyers will be relieved to hear about this.
- *Average sold price for Roseville's 55+ homes sold in July is about $598,572 ($576,000 median ) which is up from last month.
Bottom Line From Our August 2021 Roseville CA Real Estate Market Report
All told, the market has slowed a bit, prices are still going up but not as bad, and some have even dropped. Now whether this is a new trend starting OR the normal seasonal lull – only time will tell on that. Awesome appraiser and fellow blogger, Ryan Lundquist, has even more great info in his latest post, 10 ways the housing market is slowing – where he focuses a lot on the various counties in our Greater Sacramento area and is seeing much the same on a greater scale. I loved his words of wisdom to sellers (price your homes according to current data, rather than even a couple months ago) and buyers (that basically – there's definitely hope, but it's still pretty high). My question – and we won't know the answer to this one for a while – what will happen when all the moratoriums are lifted??? I'm thinking it could be a big benefit to one…or the other…but which one. THAT is the question! What are your thoughts on that?
You can access all my market reports at the link above – KayeSwain.com/market-report. And if you are buying or selling, I'd love to help you with all your real estate needs. I strive to DESTRESS the PROCESS for YOU! And I love working with other agents who feel the same way! 😀
Check out these lovely Roseville homes with swimming pools, from all our zip codes.
P.P.S. * Information provided by Sacramento MetroList and Trendgraphix. All reports and info were published August 2021, based on data available at the end of August 2021, except for today’s stats (as they can get updated continually through the day). All reports presented are based on data supplied by the MetroList MLS. The MetroList MLS does not guarantee or is not in anyway responsible for its accuracy. Data maintained by the MetroList MLS may not reflect all real estate activities in the market. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
P.P.P.S. Some figures updated in September via MLS
Contents of this article...