The 4th of July! One of my favorite holidays! It’s full of festive red, white and blue everything, rousing patriotic music of all kinds, and exhilarating fireworks – large and small! No matter where you live, there’s bound to be some kind of celebration somewhere or, if caregiving or other issues of life are keeping you close to home, you can buy your own fireworks, crank up the music player – be it iPod or a senior relative’s tape player, and enjoy the festivities in your own yard.
Want some examples? Check these out:
- The Melaleuca Freedom Celebration Schedule
- July 4th – Independence Day Events across the country
- Bay Area Fourth of July Fireworks and Events 2013
- One of my grandkids’ and my faves – LEGOLAND Often has fireworks for the holiday
- San Diego, California 4th of July Fireworks and Celebrations 2013
If your area newspaper hasn’t yet published what’s happening in your home town and you want to start on your plans, just go to Google and type
Your City, State AND July 4, 2013 AND patriotic
There’s an excellent chance your city will have some information up now with more to come. Have a fun time and a grand 4th!