April 2022 Market Report for 55 Plus Communities Roseville CA
This week I am just focusing the April 2022 market report on our awesome 55 plus retirement communities in Roseville CA. These are Del Webb Sun City Roseville CA with 2 golf courses including the one pictured above, Del Webb The Club at Westpark Roseville CA, Silverado Homes at Eskaton Village Roseville CA, and Heritage Solaire Roseville CA.
Month of April 2022 Market Report
For all the 55 plus communities Roseville CA offers, a total of 33 homes sold in April 2022.
Prices April 2022
Closing prices ranged from $460,000 – $1,150,000 (Sun City homes had both the lowest and the highest prices this month.)
Less Than Asking Price
- Two of these 55 Plus Retirement Communities in Roseville CA had homes that went for less than asking – in fact, they were both Sun City homes
- Six of these homes went for list price – one was in the Silverado Homes at Westpark and one in The Club at Westpark community and all the rest were homes for sale in Sun City Roseville.
- The other 25 homes went for over the asking price!
Over/Under the Asking Price
- The highest over was $175,000 OVER the listing price – for a large and lovely golf view home on a good sized lot.
- The lowest under was 32,400 UNDER the listing price – for a gorgeous house with a view of the golf course – that included a view of the street. (Golf course buyers generally want ONLY a view of the golf course.
Multiple Offers In the Retirement Communities Roseville CA
Of the 33 homes sold in April in all four 55 plus retirement communities in Roseville CA:
*16 did not get multiple offers
5 had 2 offers
8 had 3 offers
3 had 4 offers
2 had 5 offers
1 had 6 offers
April 2022 – Days on Market
The Number of Days on Market April 2022
1 home – 1 day
3 homes – 2 days
3 homes – 3 days
4 homes – 4 days
8 homes – 5 days
6 homes – 6 days
4 homes – 7 days
1 home – 8 days
1 home – 15 days
1 home 17 days
1 home 43 days
Most homes sold within 8 days, with 3 that lingered
Are you CURIOUS how the April 2022 Market Report compares to the 2021 Market Report? I was too!
APRIL 2021 Market Report
36 homes sold in April 2021
Multiple offers April 2021
*14 did not get multiple offers
6 got 2 offers
6 got 3 offers
2 got 4 offers
4 got 5 offers
1 got 6 offers
2 got 7 offers
1 got 13 offers
So there are a couple of stand out differences namely 7 and 13 offers in 2021!
Days on Market April 2021
1 home – 0 days (meaning same day it went on market)
2 homes – 1 day
6 homes – 2 days
2 homes – 3 days
6 homes – 4 days
1 home – 5 days
4 homes – 6 days
6 homes – 7 days
1 home – 8 days
All homes sold within 8 days – none lingered.
Home Prices in April 2021
Home prices ranged from $410,000 – $795,000
Over/Under The Asking Price
Silverado Homes at Eskaton Village had the lowest price home sold and Sun City Roseville had the highest priced home.
- 5 homes went under the asking price
- 5 homes went for asking price
- The other 26 went over
- The lowest under the asking was $40,000 Last year's was higher in this category
- The highest over the asking was $47,000 This year's WAS WAY OVER in this category
Million Dollar Homes in 55 plus retirement communities in Roseville CA???
I had another question after this – and I was pretty sure I knew the answer, but wanted to check. Sure enough, April 2022 was when Sun City Roseville cracked the million dollar ceiling! According to the MLS, the first million dollar Del Webb Sun City Roseville CA home sold on the MLS was in April 2022!
Of course, that led me to one more question…
We are so close to Sun City Lincoln Hills. Often, when I have clients house hunting in our retirement communities in Roseville CA, we also visit Sun City Lincoln Hills, at least once.
So when did Sun City Lincoln break the million dollar ceiling? They do run a bit higher than Sun City Roseville. They left the $400,000s behind in January (not counting their condos) and in April, their lowest price was $510,000 in May, though in April the lowest was $535,000. But what about the Million Dollar mark?
Interestingly, jump back in time with me to November 2005:
- 1 house sold for $1,050,000 in November 2005
- 1 house sold for $1,055,000 in 3/23/07
- 1 house sold for $1,100,000 in 5/13/08
- Then NOTHING over a million sold UNTIL…
- October 16, 2017 when one sold for $1,051,000 (The dates match the market crash/recession).
- After that a couple more broke the million dollar ceiling – for a couple years, then none for a couple years, then several sold for over a million in 2021 and 2022 – including the most recent one on 4/29/22 for $1,050,000.
Over all those years, the highest prices have been two different homes for $1,400,000 – one sold in 2018 and one in April, 2022. Makes me appreciate real estate. It is cyclical. So it can go down. But most of the time it does eventually keep climbing up. Way better than my shares of Kmart stock that are totally worthless!
It also definitely makes me appreciate Roseville and their prices of all our Roseville CA 55 plus communities! How about you? 😊
*NOTE – when it says they didn't get any offers that means they accepted the first one they got. Some were 2 or less days on market, so the odds are good there WOULD have been more offers but the buyers made a great offer from the get-go and the sellers chose not to wait.
So far, prices are still going up although, as expert appraiser Ryan Lundquist has said, there does appear to be some softening now that interest rates are going up, which is making for a challenging market for buyers mixed with a hint of hope.
And it can also be a scary market for many sellers as they wonder, where can I move to? BUT for many other sellers, it can be a GREAT market. This is especially true for many of the sellers I specialize in – boomers and seniors, some of whom are wondering:
- how to downsize my home in our Roseville area and get rid of the stairs
- selling my Roseville area home to move near elderly parents and help them
- Selling my Roseville area home and moving near kids and grandkids so I can help them and/or they can help me
- and more…
And that's especially true for those thinking of moving to less expensive areas!
I would encourage those with family or health needs to seriously consider selling now before inflation, not to mention other issues, turn our sellers' market into a buyers market similar to 2008 – 2017! When you are ready, call me. I would be honored to help you with all your real estate needs and questions.
For those of you looking to buy and ready to retire in Roseville CA, check these out 😊
Contents of this article...
- April 2022 Market Report for 55 Plus Communities Roseville CA
- APRIL 2021 Market Report
- Million Dollar Homes in 55 plus retirement communities in Roseville CA???
- Bottom Line